Effective 7/1/18

Child Care License Fees:

Child Care Licensing is administered through the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. You must first apply for licensing through the state.

Child Care Center (> 25 children)
Child Care Center (13 – 25 children)
Child Care Group (7 – 12 children)
Child Care Family (1 – 6 children)
Child Care Inspection Fee
Applies to providers licensed by a city or county, not requiring state licensing.

Other Services

Professional Services (consultation/training) – $78/hour


Ada County

Boise County

Elmore County

Valley County

To file a complaint about a child care provider in Idaho, call 2-1-1 or 800-926-2588, email careline@dhw.idaho.gov or fax 208-334-5531.

upcoming events

Aug. 218:30 am

Meeting to be held via video conference. Public may view through the CDH YouTube page.
View upcoming agendas HERE
Note: The Board of Health will meet every Tuesday at 4 p.m. via teleconference unless otherwise indicated to discuss COVID-19 developments. Regularly scheduled Board of Health meetings are also planned and are anticipated to include COVID-19 discussion as well as other agenda items.

Serving You During COVID-19

Some CDH events, meetings, and gatherings may still be postponed at this time. Please call us at 208-375-5211 with questions about a specific meeting or gathering. CDH is open and offering services, including food and septic permit applications and processing, primary care clinic appointments (non-respiratory-related).

Call to make a clinic appointment: 208-327-7400

Learn more about how we're serving you during COVID-19 HERE.